YDSC is a Recognised RYA Training Centre, but we are not a commercial watersports provider open to the general public and the conditions of our centre status mean that we provide training primarily for our members. Anyone can access our courses so long as you are a member or join for a minimum of three months. We have lots of training events running throughout the year, from taster sessions and complete beginner courses in sailing and windsurfing to improver sessions and more advanced aspects of racing and windsurfing. There are courses for both adults and juniors. As an RYA Recognised Training Centre our courses can lead to RYA certificates and we run a programme of RYA courses such as Sailing Level 1,2,3, Powerboat Level 2 and instructor courses. Course fees are kept to a minimum to cover costs and a lot of the training is delivered voluntarily by club members. There are opportunities for anyone to ‘have a go’ throughout the season (see ‘Taster sessions’). Non-members can do one taster session without joining but need to join (minimum 3 months) to take part in the regular club training sessions or RYA courses.
Booking for all courses is needed in advance using our integrated, online booking system.
- We now have a completely new booking system for 2023. All accounts for the old system no longer work so have been deleted.
- The new system will require payment at time of booking.
- You can book without signing up for an account, but if you do you can keep track of your bookings and more.
- Questions about training to Erica or Steve on or .
- Questions about the booking system to